Monday, August 6, 2012

Classroom Transformation & Goodies

The moment we've all been waiting for.....updated pictures of my classroom. I've been working hard all summer to get this room ready for my kinder cuties. Here it is...
I loved how great the paper looked on the walls!

It is so bright and cheery!

Yay!

This is before I moved the other classes chairs out of the way.

That green board will soon be my all about me board.

These are the boxes and miscellaneous items that went to other classrooms and storage.

After many hours, my mom completed the organized bookshelf. Thanks mom!

Behavior chart using clothespins

My first attempt at my calendar wall...I changed it soon after

Here is the word wall

I moved my easel next to the behavior chart

Here is the updated calendar wall...it is more organized and includes "The Lord's Prayer". 

I added reading strategies to the word wall and organized my shelves behind the teacher table.

Here's what the area that had chairs before now looks like...still chaos but now it's controlled chaos.

The "All About Me" board.

Cupboards now have purple displays ready for writing and writing steps.

I decided to update these boring book bags I bought on Oriental Trading.

Here is what it looks like before I added the numbers. I bought fabric and iron on seal from Joanns. I then found an apple clip art online and printed it. Then all I had to do was pin the paper to the fabric and cut around the paper.

I have since finished my focus wall, which is adorable! I decided to make a hungry caterpillar and in each body segment I will be writing our focus letter/sound, number, etc. Also on the blank purple wall by my desk I have added "Brown Bear" work hangers...so cute. My room is ready for kids to come and have orientation on Wednesday night and start school on Thursday. I can't believe school is already starting. I am ready for this new adventure to start and I am looking forward to all the new people I will meet. 

I will post soon with the final classroom pics and the finished book bags. 
Have a great day/night!

Laura Leonard :)

No comments:

Post a Comment