If it is to encourage, then give encouragement; IF IT IS GIVING, THEN GIVE GENEROUSLY; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully. Romans 12:8
I can not believe...probably along with everyone else...that it's November. After looking at this month and the month of the December the rest of 2012 is going to fly by. Soon we will be rehearsing songs for the Christmas musical and ending the first half of our year.
My school, because it is a private school, must have fundraiser type events to remain open. Every year Kerman Christian has an auction both live and silent as a fundraiser for the school. Each class makes a project to be sold at the live auction. I came up with the idea to make a lemonade stand. A wonderful man at my church constructed the whole stand for me and after discussing the cost with him he told me he would donate all of his time and money. What a blessing! The only cost to the school was the paint.
Here's how it turned out...
Here is the stand in its beginning stages....
This is the shelf before it was painted.
Here is what the stand looked like with it half primered.
And here is the final product!
All of the flowers, butterflies and grass were made from my student's handprints!
The black portion on the top and the bottom are chalkboards so that the kids can write what they're selling and how much it costs
This is the other side of the lemonade stand
I think it sold for $500. The bidding was happening so quickly that it was hard to keep up. I was so impressed by the generosity of people and the devotion they have for our little school. I'm glad they believe in the school as much as the teachers do.
Now I am starting to think of ideas for my project next year. The competitive side of me wants to make more money next year for the school. Let me know if you think of anything grand!?!? The possibilities are endless!
I'll end with a few of my favorite kinder quotes this year...
"You can only get married again if your husband dies....or if you get bored!"
"I don't watch that show, I have just send the appetizers for it." (I think this was meant to be advertisements)
"I love pizza! It's my favorite thing I've been dreaming about all day!"
"I have soo much candy, I mean sooo much candy I can't stand it!"
"I have beaver fever! That's what my Grandma says I have."



No comments:
Post a Comment